Random octave transpositions of single notes - XML import
I imported a Sibelius generated XML file with the fragment of my bigband score into MUSEscore. Musescore transposed, some random single notes up or down an octave. See (picture 1).
This happened a lot of times in this particular score.
I've noticed is that when I transpose the misspelled notes back to where they are supposed to be, some of those notes become become red or green, indicating, that musescore "thinks" these notes are out of standard range for a given instrument.
On the (picture 2). You can see a note has a red colour, even though it is in the normal range. That's the one that was transposed back. Once I delete the "red" note and manually input the same one it becomes normal again.
When I copy a passage with the "red" note and paste into another place it does one of two things:
- if I copy it to the same staff it "keeps" the note red
- if I copy it to the other staff - it doesn't make "red" notes but reverses the changes I've made. if I corrected the "wrong" passage by just transposing the note back and copy it to another staff, it pastes those notes "wrongly transposed" again.
After I save that xml file as musescore file and reopen it again the "red notes" effect disappears. But the notes that where wrongly transposed remain wrongly transposed.
I can't isolate the bars, since when I only export the bars with mistakes, musescore opens them correctly. It happens on a larger chunk of score only.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open "Bug report XML import" XML file.
- look at bar 4 of the flute voice (second staff from above).
The second note (Bb) jumps up an octave, while the melody in the voice has a smooth up-scale motion.
- Transpose that Bb down an octave - it becomes red.
- Try to copy-paste that bar around to see the behaviour
- See many other examples across the score (Bars 11, 13 Flugelhorns,)