Separate parts for notation and tabs
I use Musescore mainly to create scores for classical guitar. When I distribute the scores, some people prefer the score in standard notation, others in tablature, while some people want them as standard notation and tab on the same page.
I found a way to do this, but it is a hassle to achieve it this way. Perhaps there is a shorter way.
This is what I do:
1. create score in standard notation
2. add a linked stave and set it as Tab 6 strings common
3. adjust the tablature if necessary
4. add a new instrument en select "Classical guitar tablature"
5. Copy the contents of the linked tablature stave
6. Paste it in the new tablature stave
7. Remove the linked stave
8. Create the notation and the tablature as separate parts.
This way my score consists of separate notation, tablature and both combined.
If I change something in the notation, I have to make adjustments to the tablature too, because both are no longer linked.
Is there a way to create separate parts with linked staves????