Tempo Attributes Appear Corrupted - Tempo Can't be Changed
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium; Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010.
HW: AMD-A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz.
Memory: 6.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit
Model: HP Pavilion G7
MuseScore Version: 2.0.3; Revision: 3c7a69d.
Description of Problem:
Tempo can not be changed using the quarter note drop-and-drag feature from the Tempo Palette – attempting to do so results in no change.
Steps to Reproduce:
(Use submitted test file: Les_Cloches_de Neige_42i_Debug_20160416_01a.mscz)
1. Open the test file Les_Cloches_de Neige_42i_Debug_20160416_01a.mscz for editing in MuseScore.
2. Click on the play button to play the score, and allow 3 measures to play. Result: The score will start playing at a tempo of 58 , according to the tempo that is assigned to the first note, shown directly above the note and the stave. However, when playback gets to the 3rd measure, it will begin playing at a much faster tempo.
3. Click the play button, again, to stop playback. Result: Playback stops.
4. From the menu, select View\Palettes. Result: The palette list appears on the left hand side of the screen.
5. Open the Tempo palette by clicking on the Tempo palette. Result: The Tempo palette opens with a drop-down list.
6. Click and drag the = 80 (top right of possible selections) to the score, dropping on the 16th note in the third measure. A tempo symbol will appear above the note and stave, showing a default value of 80 assigned to it.
7. Double-click on the text, “80”. Result: The text insert cursor appears somewhere with the text string, according to where the mouse pointer was positioned.
8. Use the keyboard to change “80” to a tempo value that will result in a noticeably slower tempo during playback (i.e. 38). Hit keyboard key, , or click outside of the tempo value so that the new tempo value is set. Result: The new tempo value string remains as the tempo value within the tempo symbol.
9. Click the Rewind button, |<< , next to the play button, so that the start position of playback is reset to the beginning of the score. Result: There is no visible result, but the playback start position is reset to the beginning.
10. Click the Play button. Result: The score will begin playing at the first tempo (58), but when it gets to the first note in the 3rd measure, playback will jump to the same tempo that it did before the change was made in Step 8.
1. Changing the “Tempo Marking” parameters in the Inspector window has no affect on playback tempo.
2. This problem first appeared after Tubular Bells was added to the bottom of the instrument list, and Crotales was removed from the bottom of the instrument list, not necessarily in that order. Typical arrangement changes were also made to the score.
Score Order BEFORE corruption: