Missing documentation of deleting notes
There are quite some people that have a lot of problems to edit scores later (see forum). One major problem is that the documentation does not fully enough cover the topic of deletion of notes.
Here is my suggestion for a possible content:
How to delete notes:
Not in „note entry mode“:
- Select a note / more notes with the mouse, hit DEL key → Result: rest(s) instead of notes.
- Deletion of notes by overwriting through Copy/Paste: Mark note(s), Copy to clipboard, choose start note, insert with Paste. Everything older will be overwritten.
Example: User enters 10 notes, the 2nd note is too much. Solution: Mark 3rd til 10th note, Copy, go to 2nd note, Paste.
„Note entry mode“:
- delete last entered note: Backspace ('Undo last note creation')
- Note is marked → Hit DEL-Key, Creates a rest instead of the note (does not work well with chords and rests at rev. 1.0, Ubuntu).
- Overwrite notes with notes or rests: If you enter new notes or rests, everything will be overwritten.