Accessibility: Palette keyboard navigation is non-standard
- Navigating to an item (i.e. giving it focus) should cause it to be selected.
- The user should not have to press the spacebar (or any other key) to select an item after navigating to it.
- Home, End, Page Up and Page Down should change the selection as well as scrolling the view.
Also, as discussed in https://musescore.org/en/node/296153 (see suggestion 5b), the arrangment of elements in a grid is a visual trick that has little meaning to blind users. The underlying structure of the model is simply a list of items, so it should be treated as such for the purposes of keyboard navigation. This means using:
- Up and Down are used solely for changing items.
- Left and Right are used solely for expanding and collapsing parent items.
Pressing Up or Down should actually take you left or right through the grid, until you each the end of a row at which point it puts you on the opposite column in the next row.
Workaround: use existing navigation (which is non-standard).