Various type of edits change the measure count
When I move a rest in measure 9, it causes the measure count to change. Measure 7 becomes 8, and so on.
Basically, the pickup measure at the end of the second line, which is marked as "exclude from measure count", becomes part of the count again.
The main workaround I have found is to click that measure, uncheck "exclude from measure count", then check it again.
I have run into this issue repeatedly while editing my scores, and it's been driving me crazy, especially as I'm trying to match the measure numbers from another edition. When the measure counts go out of sync, transcription becomes very hard.
Other odd thing : sometimes when pressing CTRL-S to save, the measure count changes also, in the other direction - ie. it fixes itself.