Buggy "Line Element" like alta/bassa and slur --> fail for range extension
- Placing of elements out of the "Line Pallette" to voices other than no. 1 will not work for all elements correctly:
1) Placing by drag and drop to the notes of voice 2 or higher is not possible (for alta/bassa and slur)
2) Workaround: select note of voice and double click element in "Line Palette" will place correctly
3) Range extension of the line element intervall by pressing SHIFT-RIGHT ARROW or SHIFT-LEFT ARROW doesn't extend correctly to the right-/leftmost note. Instead nearest voice 1 note always is chosen for extension, not the nextmost note of higher voices.
- Alta/bassa cannot be extended to notes which have been time extended and connected via slur.
- Accidentals are inserted where they are not necessary and they cannot be deleted (always re-appear).
All mentioned above you can see on the c-es-f-a accord (3rd accord in the first measure) in the example.
I put a workaround with a combination of 8va and a dashed line to have it look-like as it should.
Try to extend the alta line element and you will see the malfunction.
Similar situation can be seen on first accord of measure no. 5.:
1) The 8va alta also cannot be placed by drag and drop, only by note selection and double click.
2) Alta can not be range extended to the rightmost accord, despites it is of the same voice no. 1!
Dash line in the example was manually extended by mouse movement and additional 8va alta as hidden was introduced to have a work-around wich looks-like as it should and also is played as it should.
Both mentioned bugs are still inside the nightly builds of Sept. 14th and were definitively not seen in version 3.4.1 of musescore ore even in 2.3.2.
Please fix this annoying bug!
Many thanks and a big thank you for thegreat MuseScore, I love it and use it since years!
|Test to show malfunction of line elements.mscz||26.63 KB|