Debian/Ubuntu package for MuseScore 2.0 beta1 available
Hi all, I've just built a .deb for MuseScore 2.0b1 and would like to share with those who are not in the mood to build it themselves. Note that it's not an official Debian package and it doesn't follow Debian standards. It's just a quick-hack-build to make it more accessible to GNU/Linux users before we get it officially in Debian (I'm working on it right now). It's 64bit only and should work for Debian Sid (unstable) and most Debian derivatives, such as Ubuntu.
- Download the package at https://people.debian.org/~tiago/musescore_2.0b-1_amd64.deb
- Remove old musescore instalation: sudo apt-get remove musescore
- Be sure you have 'sid' or 'unstable' in your /etc/sources.list (Debian only, can't say about other distros)
- Install the package: sudo dpkg -i musescore_2.0b-1_amd64.deb
- It will break due to missing dependencies, so just install it: sudo apt-get -f install
- Run it from your desktop environment menu.
- Profit :)
This package will intencionally install files under /usr/local/ rather than the usual /usr/ directory. Do not forget to remove it before installing a future version of MuseScore in your system.