Inspector - Time Signature: "Show courtesy“ usability issue
S4 - Minor
Steps for reproduction:
- Create a score.
- Add a line break after one measure.
- Change the time signature of the first line to 6/8.
- Change the time signature of the second line to 4/4.
- Find that a "courtesy" time signature has been added at the end of the first system.
- In trying to remove it, select it, open the inspector and find "Time Signature: Show courtesy" checkbox.
- Uncheck the checkbox and realise nothing happens.
- Search the internet for a possible explanation and stumble upon https://musescore.org/en/node/56611#comment-260751.
Possible solutions I can think of
- Have the checkbox take effect. (I wonder why it doesn’t but I suppose there is a reason?)
- Hide the checkbox for courtesy time signatures. (Might still be non-obvious/unintuitive to users they have to select the "real" time signature to remove the courtesy one.)