Special characters palette: suggestions
Nightly d45cc19 / Win 7.
A few suggestions for the new special characters palette:
1. Add an En dash (–) and Em dash (—) to the common symbols tab. These are used in English for parentheses, date ranges, and as an alternative to the colon. And an ellipsis (…) is also common, used for omissions in text.
2. The following symbols might be useful:
‡ Double dagger
‘ Left single quote
’ Right single quote
“ Left double quote
” Right double quote
° Degrees sign
¹ Superscript 1
² Superscript 2
³ Superscript 3
3. Abreviate miscellaneous to misc.
4. Is it possible to have the unicode tab tooltips give a description of the symbol (as the Windows character map does), rather than just the unicode number?
5. In the unicode section is it possible to stop font categories displaying which are not installed?