MuseScore 3.0.5 Release
Today we are pleased to release MuseScore 3.0.5.
The focus of this release was performance and stability. We reached an incredible boost in optimization so MuseScore 3 is now faster than MuseScore 2, but is still powerful with the smart layout feature. The crash reporter facility introduced in MuseScore 3.0.3 lets us concentrate on fixing the most frequent crashes. MuseScore 3.0.5 introduces the patch for the crash on startup on macOS, which was reported dozens of times.
Download MuseScore 3.0.5 Release
- Windows 7 or later 64-bit
- Windows 7 or later 32-bit
- macOS 10.12 or higher
This update fixes dozens of issues as well as adding a few improvements.
For a complete list of changes, please see the release notes.
- The whole chord plays when iterating over notes with left-right arrows
- Support more properties for fingering
- Add more properties for Plugin API
- Optimise New Score Wizard start time and layout calculations
- MuseScore 3.0.4 crashed on startup on macOS
- Score margins and related stave positions were calculated incorrectly
- Spacers worked incorrectly when interacting with page borders
- Measure counting was wrong when setting a custom offset value
- Keyboard navigation in Single Page view worked incorrectly
- MuseScore crashed on finishing work on Windows
- MuseScore crashed when changing time signature in parts
- MuseScore crashed when selecting a bracket in edit mode
Our goal is to optimize the editor so that it becomes possible to work with the scores like Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 on at least the machines with the specs like Atom Z3740 1.33GHz CPU (1062 scores), 2Gb RAM, Windows 8 32-bit.
- If you have already installed any version of MuseScore 3 series, you should be automatically offered the opportunity to update the next time you start MuseScore. You can also update at any time by going to Help > Check for Update.
- Improving the soundfont for the one-note dynamics feature, and the release of this feature
- Improving the script testing facility which allows us to cover more scenarios with automated tests
- Releasing MuseScore 3.1 Beta
- Further optimizations based on the predefined scenarios
- Read more about new features available in MuseScore 3
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.1
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.2
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.3
- Read more about fixes and improvements available in MuseScore 3.0.4