Mixer: size issues
P2 - Medium
S5 - Suggestion
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 18.104.22.16895, revision: 5859662
There are a number of problems with the mixer:
- It is too wide. 7¼" on a 1680 x 1050 screen—that's more than a third the width of the program window even when maximised. By comparison the mixer in 2.x is usable at a width of 3¾".
- The width is the same no matter how few or many instruments. The user needs full control of the width. The MIDI section should be collapsible.
- It is too high. 7" on a 1680 x 1050 screen—more than half the height of the program window even when maximised).
- The controls are too large. Could they be scaled down?
- The old vertical mixer had the advantages of small width and ability to view a large number of instruments at once.