Release 0.2 of MuseScore is a major feature release. Its based on the brand new Qt4 gui library using its features like antialiased screen drawings.
After a long time of hacking the final version 0.1 of MuseScore is released. Have a look at the new demo files to get an impression of the actual program status.
This prerelease fixes some bugs in MuseScore and the make process. A new feature is the integration of the fluid software synthesizer which allows for playing the score (think of it as a kind of acoustic proof reading).
The first prerelease of MuseScore 0.1 is released. This version features a big code rework and some new features as MusicXml import/export and MIDI import and live input. The internal structures are enhanced to support more than one voice on a staff. (See new testfile "promenade.msc").
New feature in this release are instrument names. You also get more editing functions for "in place" editing of strings. As usual some bugs are fixed and score layout is enhanced. Setting the page size for printing now works.
This release of MuseScore enables editing of crescendo/decrescendo symbols, simple lyrics and text objects like title, composer etc. Text properties can be edited by a new text style dialog.
- page layout: vertical space is now automatically inserted
between systems to fill entire page
- staffs and systems can now be dragged vertically
- invisible flag for drawing objects; toggle function in context
- new code for font handling; now works with newest
qt-freetype-X11 which gives screen font anti aliasing
- some bug fixes
- some operability enhancements (note entry with mouse,
more undo/redo etc.)
- new: dragging of notes with mouse
- reorganized and cleaned up sources
- added some missing system #includes
"auto-toolified" version; install with usual "configure, make, make install"