The webpages are now also available in german.Read more
MuseScore 0.6.1 is a bug fix release. It fixes the midi
import crash and adds some other small enhancements.
Today i uploaded the new MuseScore 0.6.0 release to SourceForge. This release features a mix of bugfixes and new features. New features are better MIDI import with automatic key detection and pitch spelling, and a new import data format: MuseData.
There are also some new symbols like arpeggio lines, breath markers, and text frames. Usability is enhanced with a new dock widget collecting all palettes. The symbol palette is now configurable with custom symbols imported from various graphics formats.Read more
MuseScore 0.5 released today!
- integrated small default piano sound font for better "first use experience"
- bracket editing with keyboard
- nested system brackets
- extended lyrics
- subscript and superscript for text
- irregular measures dialog
- more cut&paste and drag&drop operations
- better visual feedback for some drag&drop operations
- the sequencer now interprets ottava and pedal lines. They are also exported to midi.
- some line object can now span several systems (ottava, pedal, trill and hairpins)
- as usual many fixes, enhancements and internal code cleanups
After a long time we managed to get a new release out. Its another big step toward version 1.0. There are some new features and a lot of bug fixes and internal code cleanups. MuseScore now uses the cmake build system instead of "autotools" and the source code repository has changed from cvs to subversion.
To name a few features/enhancements:
- configurable keyboard short cuts
- Instrument names and text can contain musical symbols
- added ALSA audio driver in addition to JACK
Release 0.2 of MuseScore is a major feature release. Its based on the brand new Qt4 gui library using its features like antialiased screen drawings.
- new elements: volta brackets, ottava lines (8va---) system brackets, pedal lines, trill lines
- drag & drop from symbol panels
- navigator panel
- page layout preview
- tabbed multiple document interface
- Mscore now uses the unmodified project lilypond "emmentaler" font.
After a long time of hacking the final version 0.1 of MuseScore is released. Have a look at the new demo files to get an impression of the actual program status.Read more
This prerelease fixes some bugs in MuseScore and the make process. A new feature is the integration of the fluid software synthesizer which allows for playing the score (think of it as a kind of acoustic proof reading).Read more
The first prerelease of MuseScore 0.1 is released. This version features a big code rework and some new features as MusicXml import/export and MIDI import and live input. The internal structures are enhanced to support more than one voice on a staff. (See new testfile "promenade.msc").Read more