Page Settings spatium rounding causes downstream issues
This might seem nuts to the few of you that are aware of the feature request I have regarding page settings units, but it was in the course of trying to fix the one outstanding issue I have with that branch that I discovered this abnormal behavior in MuseScore 2.2 and 3.0.
This is a series of odd behaviors that begs the question I was trying to ask in the first place:
How are the Page Settings Units (inch vs. mm) saved and restored in MuseScore?
I saved 2 uncompressed .mscx files with inch vs. mm being the only difference, and the files are identical! Or is this a known issue that is low priority because it doesn't actually affect much of anything?
Steps to reproduce:
1) open the attached file. click the Layout menu, Page Settings...
2) the units should be set to "mm", change them to "inch", click OK
3) click the File menu, Save As..., change the name to "in72.mscz" (or whatever you like...)
4) click the File menu, Open..., and open the original mm72.mscz.
5) check the Page Settings for mm72.mscz again, now the units are set to inch.
6) close and re-open MuseScore
7) open the original mm72.mscz file, check its Page Settings, and the units are now correct, mm
8) open the modified in72.mscz file, check its Page Settings, and the units are now incorrect, mm. they should be inch