Crash on changing the notes duration in a range selection and certain context
Version 3.2.3 and current 3.3 R.C.
Issue discovered while working on the file attached to this thread (at the end of first message/Mussorgsky/Gnomus): https://musescore.org/fr/node/295711
It is possible that this is related to this issue (?): #281912: Bad layout of beam with first note set to beam middle (some similarities?) To check, I don't have a debugger on hand!
Anyway, I can reproduce from scratch.
1) New score, with two half notes (in voice 2, necessarily, in first measure), then four measures with eighth notes in voice 1, and finally, a last measure, necessarily with a rest.
Or open this test file: (the last note is a dotted quarter note, for this example): test1.mscz
2) Select all (Ctrl + A)
3) Click "Notes", bottom of the Inspector panel → then type 6 (or select the half note symbol from the toolbar)
Necessary conditions (as far I know right now)
- notes in voice 2 first measure (with beams necessarily, no issue if whole note)
- number of measures filled with eighth notes in voice 1 (4 measures also necessary eg: 3 measures, no issue)
- The last measure must include a rest. And from what I understand, the value of the selected note (or number typed) must be higher than that of the last note in score.
For example: dotted quarter note at the last note: crash by selecting a half note, but not by selecting a quarter note.
Or, half note as last note, and selecting whole note (typing 7)
I don't know how else to think about this issue. No sure about severity: Critical by default, but I put Major (because probably unusual use case with a certain configuration of score? But I don't know really)