Bad behavior of text added in a horizontal frame included in a vertical frame that can lead to a crash
I'm working in a rather large and complex score for an operetta, and I'm attempting to include the spoken dialogue between the musical numbers. To do so, I've created a vertical text frame to hold the stage directions and lines, and, within the vertical text frame, also a horizontal text frame to contain the character names. (This way, I'm able to create a flush left for the line text.) In the attached document, one such example can be found on page 20. (Tip: search for 2X then scroll up.)
Whenever I'm working in this document, there is significant lagging (program turning non-responsive), which is to be expected considering the size and complexity of the document. The major two-fold problem comes when I'm adding and working with text in the horizontal frame.
1. I right click in the horizontal frame and choose Add>>Text.
2. The window jumps up to the beginning of the score (rather than staying focused on the location of text entry.)
3. I'm still able to type the necessary text, though. After I type the text, I press Esc., then I search for the nearest rehearsal mark and scroll back to my text location.
4. The text I just typed does not appear. I have to enter text edit mode within a text box in the vertical frame, or sometimes just click around between the frames, and eventually the text shows up in the horizontal frame. (Any pre-existing text appears, it's only the new text that doesn't show up.)
5. Approximately 1 in 8 times of doing this process results in the program crashing. It doesn't crash every time, and it doesn't always crash after the same action. (Sometimes it's when the window jumps to the top of the score, sometimes is when I'm trying to get the text to appear in the horizontal frame, sometimes it's another moment.)
5b. Sometimes, when the window jumps to the top of the score, the whole page goes blank. For a moment, I can still scroll, but everything has disappeared. Although this blank page view doesn't always happen, when it does, it always results in a crash.