Reversing the order of the instruments after creating parts leads to very bad result (corruption/crashes)
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 126.96.36.1991459983, revision: 465e7b6
1) Create a new score for two flutes, and a piccolo -> Ok
2) Create parts (All parts)
3) You are still in this dialog, but you realize that, finally, the piccolo should logically be located above the two flutes: so, go move up the Piccolo first in the parts -> Ok
You are here:
4) You now realize that in the main score, the Piccolo is always placed at the bottom of the list.
The test file at this step: test file flutes piccolo.mscz
5) Go to the Instruments dialog ("I"), and move the Piccolo to the very top of the list -> Ok
Result: unfortunately, things are going wrong now. When you enter notes in the piccolo staff (or if you delete the contents, notes or measures), the corresponding part becomes badly corrupted, with empty measures (0/1)
- I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if this explains at least several of the observed cases of corruption of this type (empty measures) in parts in the recent/last months.
Incidentally, corruption appears in the same way when you change the order of another instrument, or instruments, at step #5.