Auto-save during Continuous View takes window focus
S4 - Minor
Witnessed with 2.0.3 release on Windows 7. Marc has seen this on Ubuntu as well.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a score open in MuseScore 2.0.3
2. Have another program open (any other program that has a window will do)
3. Set MuseScore to Continuous View
4. Change something in the score, ensure a * appears in the tab of the score
5. Put focus on the other program (on Windows, use the Alt-Tab shortcut for example)
Upon auto-save, MuseScore will appear as the front window and steals the focus from the operating system.
To test, it may be handy to minimize the auto-save interval to 1 min in Edit > Preferences.
I have observed the same behavior with Musescore 2.0.3 on Debian Linux and I regard this to be a nasty bug. Usually I have Autosave activated for safety reasons.
The bug turns out to be very annoying when I am transcribing a piece of music. My workflow is as follows:
- I play the music using Ardour as the audio player. I use the equalizer and time stretch a lot. I can set playback loops by hitting a key on the computer keyboard. The transport controls Play/Pause and Stop are also operated by keyboard.
- I switch to Musescore by Alt-Esc and key in the heard notes on the computer keyboard. No mouse is used for this. I use Continuous View, because it takes less space on my monitor and leaves room for Ardour below Musescore.
- I switch back and forth between Musescore and Ardour by Alt-Esc without watching the monitor, but concentrating on hearing the notes and transcribing them measure by measure.
When Musescore steals the window focus, I inadvertently operate the wrong program!
Another autosave issue here: #112251: Auto-save erases the selection and various involved elements: lyrics, chords, figured bass.
I posted this issue in 2015 and no one seemed to take any notice, though I didn't know it was connected to auto-save: https://musescore.org/en/node/72946
(Sorry, I couldn't link the node for some reason.)
I still have this issue, on top of what is being discussed in the node mentioned in comment #2.
They seem to be connected problems.
Hmm, not sure, but I seem to experince this in 3.3, and not (only) in continuous view.
While editing a score, on, say, page 4, all of a sudden it jumps to page 1, and that on regular intervals, so likely the autosave period.
It does that also when saving deliberatly.
I can't reproduce the page changing on save - do you have a specific score and steps?
It os not really the (input) focus that changes (that stays where ir was), but the "viewport", the part of the score that comes into view, so might be a different issue altogether and due to a very recent change in 3.3.
It is a closed score SATB + Piano score with a SATB (and now also a Piano) part and the first multi-page score I do with 3.3.
I don't see the viewport change on save nor have I heard anyone else report this. Must be something unique to your particular score/steps.