Hide Fret conflicts in TAB staff when show unprintable is off
2.1 version 871c8ce / Windows 7
- Currently, when you enter in a guitar score the five notes E2, F2, F#2, G2, G#2, in two different voices (eg voice 1 and voice 2), red squares appear on the tablature. See image below, or load the test file: red squares.mscz
This display, I have read it over and over again on guitar forums, always astounds the users unpleasantly. This is unexpected, even incomprehensible, and is therefore perceived as a bug.
- Before 2.1, a workaround was possible by adding a 7th string, "twin" of the 6th: https://musescore.org/en/node/60411#comment-277696
With the merge of this feature for 2.1 (https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/3064/files), this workaround no longer works.
The supplementary/ledger line, whatever may be done, is always shown (if we add a seventh string)
You get to this kind of display (second image: after you completely hide in "View", the ledger line remains in "hard").
And it begins to appear in scores on musescore.com (see eg last measure first page) : https://musescore.com/user/3272641/scores/4347641
This becomes annoying.
- The only acceptable solution now is to work in non linked staves, and in Tab staff type “simple”: for the users - many, I think - who do not appreciate this display on their score. Even if they know that this red square is not printed. I also feel concerned, this red square that I cannot desactivate, it annoys me! :)
So that when you cut a number in the Tab staff, the red square disappears without further inconvenience. See. red squares simple type.mscz
- However, the linked staves remain inevitably affected, and the non linked staves in “common” and “full” types. That makes a lot.
So, would there be a way to disable - for the involved notes - this display of red squares in the code?
- I add a file where the 6th string of the guitar is tuned in D (common case), and thus the D2, and D # / Eb are affected: D 6th string.mscz