Wrong playback of trills with ottava
Windows 7, MuseScore 3.0.5
1) On an empty 4/4 measure write a quarter note and select it
2) Apply a trill from the Lines palette
3) The trill covers the whole measure duration instead of the intended note.
4) The duration of the played trill is correct
5) Add a second note without shortening the trill
6) The second note plays as a trill as well
7) Remove both notes or delete the measure content
8) The trill is still there, hovering over the silence
9) Seemingly, for scores originally created in 2.3.2, the trill does not move with the note, so if the note is moved upwards to ledger lines, eventually the note conflicts with the trill (See attached file). I cannot reproduce this problem in a score created in MuseScore 3.0.5. If the cause is confirmed, it is a case of forward compatibility. This would be a very important bug, since new versions should be able to open correctly and convert to the new format. Otherwise one cannot be sure a score will open cleanly with future versions.
10) Whenever there is an ottava present, even if is a transposing instrument as the piccolo, trill playback alternates notes from two different octaves. UPDATE: I made a mistake: I was testing both 2.3.2 and 3.0.5 and got confused. Ottava Trills work as expected in 3.0.5, even with a score originally created in 2.3.2. The reported behavior regarding ottavas corresponds to 2.3.2, not to 3.0.5. My apologies.