Note changes pitch, but accidental is not changed
There is an error that can occur when changing the accidental of a note. The following conditions must be met in order to produce the error:
- The note must have an accidental that is not one of the 5 "usual" accidentals (i.e. sharp, flat, natural, double sharp, double flat).
- The accidental is being changed to one of the 5 "usual" accidentals.
- The change of accidental results in a change of pitch, and this pitch is not the pitch that the note would have without an accidental.
To observe this error, the following steps may be taken:
- Enter a note.
- Open the Accidentals palette, and click on the "Natural flat" accidental.
The "Natural flat" is applied to the note, as expected.
- Now click on the "Double flat" accidental.
The pitch of the note is changed, as verified by the sounding tone, as well as the status bar. But the note still has the "Natural flat" next to it, rather than the "Double flat".
- Click on the "Double flat" again.
The note now has the correct accidental as well as the correct pitch.
This has nothing to do with the recent merge of https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/5341, nor does it have anything to do with changes involving single click interaction. From what I can tell, this error has been present for a long time.