Adding a piano atop other instruments spans brace and barlines to next instrument
Came up in https://musescore.org/en/node/309883.
In MuseScore 3.x, open the file that's attached to this particular reply, not the original file I posted to illustrate the bug.
- Once the file is open, type "i" to open the instruments dialogue.
- Click the arrow by "keyboards" and then click on "Piano." Click the "Add" button.
- Click the up-arrow button in the middle of the dialogue several times to move the new Piano instrument to the top of the list.
- Click on "Staff 2" to select it, and then click the "Remove" button.
- Click "OK" at the bottom of the dialogue.
Observe that despite your having told MuseScore that you wanted just a treble-clef single piano staff, you now have the treble-clef staff you asked for, but it is joined in a grand staff with the Violin staff that was already present.
Workaround is to remove the brace and shorten the barline