[MusicXML] import fails "overlapping hairpin not supported"
S2 - Critical
Hello, I am trying to import my brass quintet over from Finale into the 2.0b, but it fails with
"overlapping hairpin not supported
Segmentation fault: 11
This is on OSX 10.9. I've used both the normal xml export in finale and the v3.0 plugin on the music xml website. Now for the life of me, I can't find the overlapping hairpin in question in finale. But the xml file does import just fine in musescore 1.3 (Well as fine as it can I suppose :\).
If it helps, here is the xml file I'm trying to load.
|Brass Quintet Mov.xml||796.74 KB|
Crash -> critical
FWIW, your overlapping hairpin is in measure 47, second trumpet part. I found that out by running under debugger and seeing where crash happened, then I loaded you score into 1.3 and verified by moving the diminuendo and discovering another lurking unmderneath..
Oh boy... thanks! I'm just trying to break your wonderful program. :)
That's the sole purpose of this beta ;-)
Then I shall aspire to continue to do things wrong! :-)
Fixed file attached, three pairs of overlapping hairpins were present. MuseScore 2.0 beta 1 should load it correctly. Also attached is the minimum file that illustrates the issue.
The really strange part is that in finale, these multiple hairpins aren't there. It's something weird with the xml export process. Or now that I think of it, perhaps the hairpin is in the right place in the original, but is associated with the wrong staff somehow. Anyway thanks for your help.
 Actually in finale it is quite easy to put a hair pin in and accidentally have it associate with the staff below. That's great... I understand why. In music with lyrics you tend to put the dynamics above and out of the way. Still it could be a common problem when exporting.
Actually! Thanks for your help, now that I opened the fixed file. It highlighted the real culprit. I don't think it's my fault. Something is really weird going with the import as it was ok in 1.3. It is putting ALL of the dynamic markings on the bottom of the first trumpet. I have no idea why.
I think the problem with the dynamics is totally unrelated. If you can reproduce it in a score you create from scratch in Finale, submit that as a separate issue.
Fix in pull request #1244.
Fixed in 9757112d11
Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.