Fretboard diagram multiple dots don't include open string
Using: OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 22.214.171.12499, revision: 43c5553
There are usecases where it's useful to show a number of dots on a fretboard without intent of them being played at the same time: for example to show all the frets for a scale position.
The "multiple dots" button allows just that, letting you place multiple dots on the same string. However, this doesn't work with open/X string symbols, as the dots get cleared.
So if I want to show the open position of G major scale, I can only show the dots, without the open strings.
I think the "multiple dots" button should include the the O/X symbols above the nut and not auto-clear either when dot/symbol is added.
1. Add a fretboard diagram to the score and edit it
2. Enable "multiple dots" button
3. Click above nut to mark string as open
4. Click a fret on the same string to add a dot
5. Observe open string symbol got removed
Same can be done in reverse, removing dots when string marked as open or "X" and the barres are removed as well.
1.Fretboard Diagrams: open string symbol persists even when a finger dot is applied: https://musescore.org/en/node/283452
2. [EPIC] Fretboard diagram issues: https://musescore.org/en/node/283681