Leland font problems
First, thank you sincerely for the "massive engraving improvement", which it really is. The Leland font looks great on the whole, but there are some issues which need to be fixed, among them are the following:
(1) Sharps on an interval of a 6th are getting stacked on top of each other.
(2) Rests and flags are sometimes clashing.
(3) The whole note is too narrow (doesn't look like a whole note should).
(1) Sharps on 2 notes a 6th apart are not allowed to be stacked, they have to be staggered. The attached images, the first shows the problem, the second the correct position (lower sharp moved left 0,6). I posted this elsewhere on the forum as a bug at https://musescore.org/en/node/322164 , because this definitely breaks an engraving rule, but someone there pointed out that it's a problem only with the Leland font, so I'm posting it here.
(2) The layout suffers from flags and rests requiring so much horizontal space in order not to clash, and in fact note heads do sometimes clash in auto-layout with 16th rests (and higher subdivisions) because the rests are too wide. 8th note flags (and higher subdivisions) show this same problem.
(3) Whole notes are supposed to be wider than all the other note heads. This new whole note is only a teensy bit wider than all the other note heads. Can anyone show me engraved music uses whole notes that look this way? I've seen the half-note head used for whole notes as in the Bach-Gesellschaft edition (a practice fortunately nobody uses anymore). I assume this narrow whole note must make some layout issues easier to handle or be based on some elegant width calculation system, but unfortunately it looks a bit wrong. A proper whole note would be better. The old font was correct.
Thanks for your kind attention to these matters.