Tablature: Crash due to a tick in the "Open" column of Staff Properties > String Data
S2 - Critical
- NEW score, guitar + tablature.
- EDIT string data for tablature staff: C2G2C3G3C4E4
- Copy the melody from the treble clef of the attached file, paste it into the top staff of the new guitar+tablature.
- Delete the first d in either the treble clef or the tab, enter in back in on either staff, crash results.
4b. When I just tried it, no crash (after 3 sequential crashes, but it won't go on the correct string.
- Note that the d can not be put on the correct string, 2nd fret, 2nd string.
"5. Note that the d can not be put on the correct string, 2nd fret, 2nd string."
Simply because you checked the second string as open D - see image below.
This is another manifestation of the misunderstanding of this function in String Data. It's a duplicate so see the details in the report of this issue: #321767: Delete/rename/move/clarify the "Open" column of "String Data"
For your score, just uncheck this box of the second open string, and the problem goes away. See: 1Sleeping_Lulu_in_Open_C_Tuning.mscz
Certainly not a duplicate, a wrong column name can't cause a crash, changing it won't fix a crash
uncheck this box of the second open string
I can reproduce (in MuseScore 3.6.2 on Wondows 10) if, and only if in the new score I also use that (bogus!) open string (matching the settings from the score attached to the initial post), that step is missing from the inital post.
I can't reproduce in a later 3.x development build (the one from https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/9000 actually), so it might have been fixed meanwhile. Need to check in a master build, to see whether MuseScore 4 would have it fixed too.
I can't reproduce in a 3.6.2 debug build either, so whatever the issue is, it probaby is not fixed, but sort of a Heisenbug (vanshishes when watching)