[1.0] MuseScore doesn't ask to restore session if you open from file
Steps to reproduce bug
1. Save and close any MuseScore files (to avoid losing any important work)
2. Double click on a MuseScore file to open it in MuseScore
3. Make a minor change (without saving) and wait at least a couple minutes for auto save to capture any changes
4. Force quit MuseScore (in Windows this is done via "End Process" in the task manager)
5. Double click on the same MuseScore file to open it in MuseScore
Expected behavior: MuseScore should provide the normal option to "restore previous session"
Actual behavior: MuseScore opens only the manually saved version
Discussion: If you open MuseScore directly instead of double-clicking on a MuseScore file, then session restore works as expected.
MuseScore version: 0.9.6.3 stable
(Operating System: Windows 7)
fixed in branch and trunk r3868 & r3869
The fix creates weird behaviour when mscore is started from the command line. Sometimes the command line parameter is ignored which is annoying. When started with a file on the command line, a sessions file (also a crashed session) should be ignored.
Is there a distinguishable difference between files opened from the shell versus command line? What about a new command line option to opt out of session restore?
I do not see a difference unfortunately. The current behaviour is that a dialog pops up only if a crashed session was found which is ok for me.
Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.