Glitches in playback audio
After I updated to MuseScore 2.1 I noticed playback glitches in certain scores and the issue seems to be more pronounced in faster or thicker parts of scores. These glitches do not occur in exported audio from the same scores.
I have reinstalled all soundfonts and MuseScore itself, yet the issue remains. Before this point I had used GeneralUserGS, TimbresOfHeaven, and SalamanderPianoV3 soundfonts with no issues for well over a year.
The glitches always occur at the same points in the same scores in the same ways. I think the issue may be related to the soundfonts, as switching the soundfont used seems to solve the problem in certain cases, but I'm not entirely sure. The most distracting glitches occur while using the SalamanderPianoV3 soundfont, where frequently notes are missed out and a strange reverb plays instead in fast passages. While using GeneralUserGS there are frequent clicks on certain scores at specific note changes. I haven't noticed any glitches that seem to be linked to TimbresOfHeaven so far. I will reiterate that all soundfonts were working perfectly until the update.
While I can work around it, this is a major issue for me as arranging music on MuseScore forms the main part of my meagre income while at university, and the inability to use the soundfont setup that works best for me really hampers my productivity.
Thanks for your help.