strange placement of tuplet number in cross-staff tuplets

• Mar 12, 2019 - 04:20
Reported version
3.0
Priority
P1 - High
Type
Functional
Frequency
Once
Severity
S3 - Major
Reproducibility
Always
Status
fixed
Regression
No
Workaround
Yes
Project
Tags
  1. Create a file with a grand staff and at least one other staff above it. I used the "Voice + Piano" template.
  2. Create a beamed tuplet (e.g. triplet of eighth notes) on either staff of the grand staff.
  3. Shift any note in the tuplet to the other staff by using [ctrl][shift][up-or-down-arrow]. Tuplet number moves to a position far below the lower staff.
    It may be worth mentioning that moving a note in an unbeamed tuplet also moves the tuplet bracket in an unexpected way (upwards when a note is shifted to the lower staff, and downwards when the note is shifted to the upper staff), but the result is not generally as strange as for beamed tuplets.
Attachment Size
cross-staff tuplets.mscz 9.48 KB

Comments

Tags View Changes

As per step 1) in the original description, this only occurs if this is not the top instrument in the score - that is, if there are other staves above. SO the good news is, we are basically handling cross-staff tuplets OK - we delay the layout until after staff distances are computed etc. But somehow we are getting confused calculating the correct staff to use.

One thing I also noticed is that we are explicitly setting the track of the tuplet in cases where the first & last note have the same staff, but then we never reset it if this changes. So the issue shown here changes as you move notes up and down - the same score produces different layout depending on the order of how you do things. This needs to be fixed too.

Fix version
3.1.0