Better control of repeats and jumps for playback
Currently, MuseScore offers several facilities to manage repeats and jumps.
- Repeats bar and measure repeat count (measure properties -> Measure count)
- Alternate endings or Voltas
- Jump and markers : Coda, Segno, DS al coda etc...
Still, a lot of use cases are not well handled on playback/midi output/audio output. More and more people use MuseScore as tool to rehearse and it's more important for them to have a good repeat support than detailed and humanized playback.
- More than 2 Voltas 1. / 2. / 3. / 4. See : #4525: Repeats with more than 3 endings
- Complex alternate endings 1.2.4. / 3./ 5.
- One start repeat barline for two or more end repeat barline
- Playback of repeats and voltas after a jump (DC or DS)
Several users propose to implement a solution to define for each measure and for each pass which measure should be played next, a kind of generalisation of the Jump -> Marker algorithm.
Apparently Sibelius is using this kind of settings.