MusicXML Lines export/import issues
S3 - Major
Steps to reproduce issue:
1) Open attached .mscz file
2) Export to MusicXML
3) Reopen from MusicXML
There are several issues with lost or mistranslated information that should have been retained by the MusicXML format:
- The italicization of "cresc." and "dim." have been lost. (This is encoded correctly into musicxml, but lost on import.)
- The alignment of the dash to the bottom of the "cresc." and "dim." text is lost, becoming vertically centered (This is not encoded in the MusicXML, though in this case, I'm not sure the best way to do that?)
- The bold and italic formatting of the line with the text "blah" is lost on export. It should have been encoded with
font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"in the
wordselement. Also, if I manually add these attributes, it is not imported correctly, so it is both an export and import issue.
- Although the start and end pedal come through, the pedal change in the middle is lost. (This is an import and export issue. The change pedal is exported erroneously as
type="start", but I have found that even if you correct the MusicXML to say type="change", it's still imported incorrectly.)
- The sharp symbol on the trill line is lost on import. It seems to be exported correctly.
- The custom dashed line becomes a solid line. This should have been preserved using the
- The two "Hello" lines show that hook height is not imported correctly. It is, however, correctly exported to the "end-length" attribute.
- The first "Hello" line also shows that the "90 deg centered" end hook is not exported correctly. It should be encoded as
line-end="both". When I manually change it to "both" in the XML file, it is still not imported correctly.