Pedal markings under grand staff can only be attached to notes in staff attached to
This affects both 1.2 and trunk (5471).
Steps to reproduce:
1) new piano score, 4 bars long
2) enter quarter notes throughout top staff, leaving bottom staff empty
3) attach pedal marking to first measure (bottom staff)
4) double click pedal marking
5) select right attachment point if not already selected
6) shift-left *or* shift-right
Result: shift-left does nothing, shift-right moves attachment point a full measure
Expected result: attachment point is moved to the previous next note of the top staff
Pedal markings are perhaps special in this way - they need to consider the whole grand staff, not just the staff they are attached to.
Workarounds: attach pedal marking to top staff then drag below bottom staff, or add dummy notes to bottom staff for pedal attachment purposes, then either set invisible or delete.