Slurs to grace notes disappear after inserting measures
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 22.214.171.12435, revision: d2d863f
- Create an empty score.
- Add a note in bar 1 and in bar 2
- Add a grace note to each main note
- Add slurs from the grace notes to the main notes
- Insert one or more measures immediately before bar 2
Result: the slur in bar 1 remains correctly placed; the main note and grace note in bar 2 are shifted right to accommodate the inserted bar(s); the slur attached to the note in the original bar 2 is not shifted right and is positioned on the screen where it was before the bar was inserted.
- Save score
- Re-open score
Result: the misplaced slur is no longer shown - i.e. neither in its misplaced nor its "correct" position - it has just disappeared.
- Add a note the last bar of a system.
- Add a grace note and slur to the main note
- Insert a bar immediately before this to force the next bar onto the next system.
Result the slur from the grace note to the main note has disappeared (there is no misplacement - it has just gone.)
But if, instead of 10, you add a system break immediately before the bar with the gracenote the slur from the grace note to the main note moves with the note onto the next system.
- The same behaviour occurs for all types of grace note, and for groups of grace notes.
- The same behaviour happens in page view and continuous view.
- A tie between a grace note and a main note is not affected - i.e. it moves with the notes.
- Before saving and re-opening, selecting the misplaced slur and inspecting it shows zero offset.
- Before saving and re-opening, the "elastic" lines shown after double clicking on the misplaced slur indicates that it is still associated with the grace note and main note.
- Forcing a re-draw by switching between continuous view before saving and re-opening leaves the slur in its misplaced location - it does not disappear until the score is saved and re-opened.
This behaviour is particularly annoying as it is very rare that a grace note is not slurred onto the main note and all grace note to main note slurs in a score that occur after the insertion point of the new bars are affected and have to be replaced after bars have been inserted. Clicking on a grace note and using "select all similar" does not help as with all gracenotes selected if one adds a slur, this is entered as one huge slur from the first grace note to the last grace note. Each gracenote has to be a) found, b) selected, c) have a slur added individually. This gets tedious and is error prone.