Crash when using palette item upon a staff-text
Here are the exact steps:
1) Fresh score: add a few quarter notes
2) Place a staff-text upon one of the notes and type "(" character
3) Afterwards, open the master palette and go to "all symbols" section for example
4) With that staff-text highlighted, press one of the symbols to add "to it" like you can with symbols generally
Note: You can't actually get this to work anyways, but the user may attempt to do so. That is, as MuseScore is currently, you can't "tack" on another symbol to a staff text, or another staff text to a staff text for that matter after adding them to a palette. Actually, there are some reasonable use-cases for doing so (custom symbols from 'outside' fonts), but that's not the point here.
5) Notice that nothing happens and no problem occurs.
6) Now, drag the "(" staff text a little bit somewhere to alter the default position, keep it highlighted afterwards, and
7) Back in the master palette, click a symbol.
Result: I'm getting consistent crashing.
Again, this is strange behavior that probably won't happen often, but the code should be strickened to not allow a meltdown over something like this.
This is in 3.4.1, but this probably will also cause a crash to occur in older versions and isn't some sort of "regression".
P.S., Another weird thing here is that if you move the "(" staff text through the inspector by changing X/Y offset before attempting to apply a symbol in the Master Palette... there's no crash, nor is there one when using the keyboard arrows. It looks to be specifically having to do with offsetting through dragging the mouse, strangely enough. Maybe that will help to solve the problem.