MuseScore 3 does not run on macOS 10.10 & 10.11
S3 - Major
What is supported and what not
- The final version of Musescore 3.0.0 runs on macOS 10.12 - 10.14
- It does not run on macOS 10.10 and 10.11 (it crashes).
- The most recent binary for MuseScore 3 on macOS 10.10 &10.11 is a Beta2 package generated as part of [Mac] Musescore 3 beta 3 does not support OS X versions <10.12. Warning: Please do not use this package for any serious work, or backup your data frequently if you do use it.
- (Aside: due to lack of support for macOS <10.10 on our development environment, a MuseScore 3 for macOS <10.10 is not possible.)
Upstream technical dependencies
- Our integrated development environment for macOS 10.10 & 10.11, Qt 5.9, has a bug, crash in [QCocoaMenuDelegate validateMenuItem:]. Qt version 5.9.8, which contains the fix.
- The fix is scheduled for the first quarter of 2019 and should allow us to build a version that supports macOS 10.10 and 10.11.