MuseScore 3 is not available as a PortableApp on Windows
The PortableApp format is open source (instruction here), so the portable build should be added to the AppVeyor scripts in the main repository to ensure it is always up to date.
PortableApps are self-extracting, so it could potentially offer a more convenient way to provide nightly builds than the 7zip archive currently used.
The PortableApp needs to be 32-bit. This:
- Ensures it can run on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Requires solving #281539: MuseScore 3 on Windows 32-bit is not available
- Users on Windows 64-bit that do not have Administrator access can install MuseScore 3 using Scoop (via Scoop Extras). This uses the same 64-bit .msi install file that one would use to install MuseScore interactively. Administrator access is not required to install Scoop or MuseScore via Scoop. See MuseScore now available via Scoop on Windows for instructions.
- The more adventurous Windows 64-bit users can try the development builds (a.k.a. nightlies) of MuseScore. This page contains full instructions to use the nightlies.
- Users on Windows 32-bit: no workaround. (32-bit) MuseScore 2.3.2 PortableApp is currently the latest available MuseScore PortableApp.